Slip, Trip & Fall Accidents
Premises liability cases include both slip and fall accidents and trip and fall cases. When you have been injured in a slip and fall accident or a trip and fall accident, it can be a stressful and confusing time dealing with the medical providers and insurance companies. It is important to take immediate action because evidence such as video surveillance may only be available for a limited time.
Who is responsible to maintain proper safety standards and a reasonably safe environment from slips, trips, and falls?
The law firm of Bell & Bell, P.A. has offices in Deerfield Beach, and we practice in slip and fall injury cases. We help accident victims throughout all of South Florida. Contact our firm as soon as possible for your free injury evaluation. Don’t let a serious accident ruin your life forever. Instead, talk to a personal injury lawyer at our firm and learn more about your legal rights and your options.
Owners and managers have a duty to maintain a safe and secure property. Unfortunately, some entities fail to follow the proper safety standards which may lead to a direct injury to you. “Slip and fall” accidents, as well as “trip and fall” accidents, often occur due to a slippery surface, uneven floor or walkway, broken stairwell, or poorly-lit area. The owner of the property is generally responsible for observing the proper standards for a reasonably safe environment. Common slip and fall injuries include spinal injury (bulging or herniated discs), broken or sprained wrists and elbows, and torn or sprained knee ligaments.
Steps you should take if you have a slip & fall accident:
- Call 911 to alert the authorities of the accident and to seek medical attention.
- Do not discuss the facts or liability with the premises manager; only give them your necessary identifying information.
- Additionally, be sure to ask for a copy of any incident report the institution may write.
- Collect the names and contact information from any witnesses to the accident. Take photographs of the scene if at all possible.
- Call Bell & Bell, P.A. for a free evaluation of your case. We are available 24/7 and can travel to your location if necessary.