What is premises liability?
Premises liability cases include both slip and fall cases and trip and fall cases. When you have been injured in a slip and fall or a trip and fall incident it is a stressful and confusing time. You must deal with medical providers and insurance companies. It is important to take immediate action because evidence such as video surveillance may be available for a limited time. In addition, gaining access to relevant, necessary reports and contact information becomes difficult.
Bell & Bell, P.A. offices are in Deerfield Beach, Florida. Our firm is committed to the best representation to ensure you are compensated for the negligence of others. We help slip and fall accident victims throughout all of Florida handle all the relevant information necessary. Contact our firm as soon as possible for your free injury evaluation regarding premises liability. Don’t let a serious accident ruin your life forever when you can speak with a personal injury lawyer to learn more about your legal rights and options.
Attorneys at our firm immediately begin protecting your legal rights and seeking the monetary compensation you deserve for your injuries. Upon receiving your call, we will provide you with a free consultation so we can discuss the events of your slip and fall accident. We then determine the best course of action to seek financial recovery for your damages.
Responsibilities and liabilities
Owners and managers have a duty to maintain a safe and secure property. Unfortunately, some entities fail to maintain the proper safety standards which may lead to a direct injury to you. Slip and fall accidents as well as trip and fall accidents often occur due to a slippery surface, uneven floor, broken stairwell, or poorly-lit areas. The owner of the premises is responsible for maintaining the proper safety standards and a reasonably safe environment. Common slip and fall injuries include spinal injury (bulging or herniated discs), broken or sprained wrists and elbows, and torn or sprained knee ligaments.
Steps you should take if you are in a slip & fall accident:
- Call 911 to alert the authorities of the accident and to seek medical attention.
- Do not discuss the facts or liability with the premises manager; only give them your necessary identifying information.
- Additionally, be sure to ask for a copy of any incident report the institution may write.
- Collect the names and contact information from any witnesses to the accident if you are able. Take photographs of the scene.
- Call Bell & Bell for a free evaluation of your premises liability case. We are available 24/7 and can travel to your location if necessary.